Flotation adjustment Right-hand and left-hand accumulators
The front and rear mower-conditioners utilize a hydropneumatic suspension system enabling them the ability to follow ground contours. This simple system requires no springs to adjust the flotation system.
- Double-rod hydraulic cylinders are used to both lift the cutting platform and provide flotation.
- One side of the cylinders is linked to an accumulator to provide flotation.
- The other side of the cylinder is used for lifting the cutting platform for transport or going over headlands.
- Suspension system enables cutting platform to follow ground contours at productive cutting speeds.
- Flotation is adjusted by opening a valve and using the tractor selective control valve (SCV) lever to alter pressure according to field profile. An easy-to-read gauge enables the operator to confirm that the pressure is within the recommended range. Ground pressure remains consistent even when cutting on uneven ground.
To improve driver comfort, hydraulic overlapping is available with +/- 20 cm (+/- 7.9 in.) if needed, actuated from the monitor in the cab. Ground contour following will be + 24 cm (+ 9.4 in.) upward and – 22.5 cm (- 8.9 in.) downward.
Ground clearance when raising the platform on headlands is approximately 40 cm (16 in.).
Cylinders work independently to enable the cutting platform to pivot from side to side to give clean cutting even on uneven ground. Angular range:
- + 13.3 degrees / - 8.1 degrees with 50 cm (19.7 in.) overlap.
- + 8.7 degrees / -4.1 degrees with 30 cm (11.8 in.) overlap.
On the R870R, R950R, and R990R Twin Rear-Mounted Conditioners, a hydraulic breakaway system is standard equipment:
- Should an obstacle be encountered, the cutting platform swings back and lifts up to pass over the obstacle.
- This reduces the potential damage to the cutting and conditioning unit and decreases maintenance costs.
- For productivity and ease of use, the machine automatically resets on the go.
This flotation system ensures a perfect ground following, reducing soil compaction and providing an excellent cut. Crop stubble is preserved and regrowth is accelerated.
Simple monitor for easy operation of the rear mower's hydraulic functions
The simple monitor enables the operator to easily operate all of the hydraulic functions of the twin rear-mounted mower-conditioner. The parts of the monitor include the following (arrows in the image above correspond to the alphanumeric values below):
- Polarity inversion display light
- On/off display light
- On/off push button
- Function selector 4:
- A — Front mower-conditioner suspension adjustment
- B — Rear mower-conditioner suspension adjustment
- 1 — Working/transport selection
- 2 — Right-hand or left-hand individual mower-conditioner selection and headland selection
- Push button for transport position
- Three-way selector (left, center, or right)
- Display lights