Location: Monticello, IA
Type of Employment: Full-Time
Reports to: Corporate Customer Support Manager, General Manager
Supervises: Service Clerks/Writers, Service Technicians and Service Staff
Manages service operations within the dealership to maximize return on investment by optimizing Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction. Grows profitable service labor sales and exercises disciplined expense control. Attracts, retains, and effectively engages department personnel.
- Must be effective at managing people in a fast-paced environment.
- Actively solicits sales of repair services, maintenance plans and similar programs to sell customer labor.
- Develops, communicates, enforces and monitors effective Service Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction
- Assists in creating annual Service Department goals, in alignment with the organization’s financial and operational objectives.
- Communicates with customers and sales department, including quoting repair estimates, and generally keeps customer informed as work progresses to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Assists in coordinating customer clinics and related promotional events
- Submits all service warranty and Product Improvement Program claims within the required timeframe to receive maximum credit
- Schedules and assigns jobs and work areas to employees in the Service Department according to their skills and knowledge
- Reviews work orders for completeness and accuracy prior to customer billing
- Ensures all departmental tools, equipment, and vehicles are in good working order
- Assists in recruiting, staffing and employee development activities for employees reporting to this position
Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
- 3+ years experience in Service Department operations
- Ability to use standard desktop load applications such as Microsoft Office and internet functions
- Ability to write and speak effectively to individuals and groups
- Familiar with John Deere and competitive products
- Basic understanding of financial principles relative to Service Department operations
- Ability to analyze and interpret internal reports
- Ability to work extended hours and weekends
- Excellent customer service skills
- High School Diploma or equivalent experience
Please contact Karla Baumler, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.